Our drive-away awnings can be attached to vehicles in several ways:
Guy Line Method - This is the quickest method. Throw the guy lines, attached to the top corners of the tunnel (on the Travel Pod 310 they're webbing straps), over the vehicle and either peg down on the other side or tie to the wheels.
Beading - All Drive-Away awnings come with a 6mm beading sewn along the length of the rear tunnel. The beading can be clipped to the vehicle gutter using 'figure of 8' profile (not supplied) or attached to the vehicles awning rail (if fitted). It will be easier to do this with an optional driveaway kit.
Various driveaway kits are available including the new Limpet™ Fix Driveaway Kit with easy suction attachment, avoiding the need for an awning rail on the vehicle.
Pole & Clamp - This is the most secure method for vehicles that have a gutter running the length of the vehicle. The rear tunnel has a sleeve sewn along its length into which the pole slides. The pole then rests in the vehicle's gutter and is secured using the claps supplied.
Velcro Loops - If your vehicle is fitted with roof rails, then a quick method of attachment is to attach the velcro straps, fitted along the top edge of the tunnel, around the roof rail.
The future in your hands
After years of development, Kampa have revolutionised awnings. Gone are the traditional metal or fibreglass poles, replaced by strong, high pressure inflatable AirFrame poles. No more struggling with the awning frame and trying to find the correct pole, the AirFrame is already attached to the awning for simple, one step set up.
So how does it work?
It’s simple, traditional poles have been replaced with an inflatable AirFrame system that is always attached to the awning. We have two systems. The first, our Single Point Inflation System, where individual poles are linked together so that you can pump at just one single point and inflate the entire awning; we use this system on our Motor Rally, Motor Ace and Motor Fiesta. The second, our Multi Point Inflation System, where each pole is separate and inflated individually, is used on our Travel Pods. Both systems create an exceptionally strong awning, probably stronger than a steel frame. It can be inflated using the supplied high volume manual pump or, for the ultimate in ease, with the optional Gale electric pump. An AirFrame can be pumped up in less than 60 seconds using the manual pump.
What’s the set-up procedure?
It’s never been easier, just follow these simple steps:
- Connect the awning to your vehicle using your preferred connection method.
- Peg down the four corners of the awning.
- Attach the pump to the inﬂation point and pump until inﬂated.
- Peg down the intermediate pegging points and guy lines.
That’s it! The easiest awnings ever!
- As well as being the easiest awnings to set up, they’re also the easiest to take down.
- Kampa AIR awnings are lighter than awnings with conventional poles - up to 27% lighter than an equivalent awning which reduces your payload.
- With no metal or fibreglass poles there’s nothing to damage your vehicle.
- The AirPoles are always attached - you’re never going to forget or lose your poles.
- Whilst the AirPoles are very rigid they can flex in the wind, meaning that you’ll never break or bend a pole.
- As is befitting for what are some of the best awnings available today, Kampa AIR awnings are manufactured using top class materials and workmanship.
The Kampa AirFrame Advantage
The AirFrame is incredibly durable and under normal conditions will not fail. Each AirPole is made of a strong TPU inflation tube that is zipped into a tough reinforced PE cover. This is then zipped into a heavy duty polyester sleeve in the awning. The inflation tubes are well protected and need no maintenance. Depending upon the awning, ideal operating pressure is 9 psi and the poles are tested to 22 psi, a pressure that is not possible to reach using either the supplied pump or the optional Gale electric pump. This is substantially higher than other inflatable awnings and ensures that Kampa AIR awnings are the strongest and most stable available. They are not affected by extremes of temperature - they have been tested in arctic and tropical climates and are available in Iceland and Australia. If necessary, a repair to the AirPole or a replacement can then be made in a matter of minutes. Damage to a single AirPole may not make the awning unusable.
Specifically designed for motorhomes and camper vans
Following the very successful launch of our inflatable caravan awnings in 2013, we have pioneered a range of inflatable awnings specifically designed for motorhomes and camper vans introducing improvements to design and function year on year. With ease of use and function in mind, Kampa AIR awnings are inflated from external inflation points and spreader poles are used where necessary to create a strong structure that can withstand the elements and reduce set-up time.
There are many other reasons to purchase a Kampa AIR awning
- Kampa are the pioneers and world leaders in inflatable awning technology. We’re the market leaders and have extensive knowledge and experience.
- The people behind Kampa awnings have over forty years of continuous expertise in awnings and awning design.
- Kampa AIR awnings have been fully tested. This ensures good design with adequate run-off whilst at the same time ensuring internal clearance for the vehicle door. All of our designs spend hours in a rain room ensuring that a Kampa AIR awning will not let you down.
- Kampa has the widest range available. For 2018 we have thirteen different AIR awnings available to suit your requirements and budget.
- Kampa AIR awnings can be customised with a range of optional equipment including different types of carpet, roof linings and our fantastic SabreLink lighting system.